Bali Council votes 233 million for 2014

Bali Town Hall

Bali Town Hall

The Bali Council would run on a budget of 233 million four hundred thousand FCFA for the year 2014 in income and expenditure. That budget was voted yesterday during a council session chaired by Mayor Ajong Ngoh Sylvanus Dogima under the supervision of the SDO, Nguelle Nguelle Felix.

The budget for 2014 witnessed a drop of 48 million from that of 2013. Ninety three million has been earmarked for investment projects, representing 40% of the budget, while the remaining 60% would be used for recurrent expenditures and debt resettlement.

According mayor Ajong Ngoh, the priorities of the 2014 budget would be to execute the mayor’s plan of Action part A and B, which is intended to improve on the living conditions and standards of the population of the municipality.

On his part, Mezam SDO called on the councilors and council executive to improve on indigenous sources of income and not to rely solely on state transfers, fight corruption and work for the interest of the people.

Mayor Anjong Ngoh presenting his action plan

Mayor Anjong Ngoh presenting his action plan

Meanwhile preparations have intensified across Bali Nyonga ahead of the 2013 Lela Festival that would run from December 22nd to 25th 2013. Various music stores, bars and off-licences are playing only traditional musics to herald the coming of the event, while bars, off-licenses, night clubs and provision stores have been stockpiling supplies to cope with the envisage huge demand anticipated during the festival.

A welcome news is the announcement by the SDO yesterday that he has authorized gun firing during the Lela Festival though he reinterated that it is under certain conditions. The used of dane guns he said is banned, guns to be used during the festival must be manufactured, have a gun permit and the shooter must also hold a permit to shot and all the shooting would be done under the strict supervision of gendarme officers.

By Emmanuel Ndonue in Bali

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone