Google+ Issa Tchiroma Reacts Angrily To US State Department's Calls For Restraint - Bamenda Online | Bamenda Online

Issa Tchiroma Reacts Angrily To US State Department’s Calls For Restraint

John Kirby

John Kirby

Cameroon’s Minister of Communication and government spokesman Issa Tchiroma Bakari has reacted angrily to the US State Department’s statement calling for restraint by the government of Cameroon in its crackdown of the protest in Bamenda and Buea. Issa Tchiroma took to the airwaves yesterday December 2  to press government’s viewpoint .

"The United States of America is deeply concerned by the loss of lives, injuries and damage as a result of protests that turned violent in Bamenda and Buea, the respective capitals of Cameroon’s  North-West and South-West regions "Said John Kirby, Deputy Secretary and spokesperson for the US Department of Public Affairs

The statement  released on November 28, 2016 further calls on “all parties to show restraint, refrain from further violence and engage in dialogue for a peaceful resolution to the current protest”

In his statement to the press he reminded the US that Cameroon is a state of law and that its government’s duties to restore law and order when it’s threaten. He blamed the Americans for failing to mention that vandals killed a gendarme officer on duty and a guard with illegal firearm. He also quick to remind the Americans that the government has allocated 2 billion FCFA for secondary institutions, recruited 1000 young bilingual teachers and annulled the penalties for late payment of fess amongst others.

He also said the forces of law and order under the various administrative authorities have showed restraint and professionalism in the management Of the demonstrations in Bamenda and Buea, in strict compliance with the law and Cameroon's international commitments on human rights.  He also said Investigations shall be carried out on reported cases of abuse and appropriate disciplinary measures shall be taken if proven to be correct.

us-state-department

2 Responses to Issa Tchiroma Reacts Angrily To US State Department’s Calls For Restraint

  1. Charles Gan December 17, 2016 at 1:36 am

    The entire Republic du Cameroon system is in denial. I do not expect anything less from the Minister. Evething the government has done so far is window dressing. They are recruiting Francophones to teach Anglophones. They should take a look at what happened to Mobutu of Zaire. Here is my take on this entire matter:
    The Anglophone educational structure and its jurisprudence have strategically been dismantled by the Republic of Cameroon government decrees and policies since 1962-63. It has been the core of the grand plan to assimilate Southern Cameroon since the trial partnership agreement was entered into some fifty-five years ago. 
    Without proper education the population is rendered ignorant. Without laws that guarantee individual freedoms and due process, the community is enslaved. Robbed of both a people is stripped of its identity. This is the lot of the Anglophone within the confines of the Republic of Cameroon under Paul Biya's governance and that of Ahmadou Ahidjo before him.
     

  2. Alfred December 9, 2016 at 10:34 pm

    By the way are those that are not bilingual not Cameroonians? Is Paul Biya bilingual? How many ministers or Francophones bilingual?

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone