Bali Asked to Show Restrain Towards Ngwenbo

The Inspector General, SDO and entourage leaving the Bali Fon's palace after meeting

The Inspector General, SDO and entourage leaving the Bali Fon’s palace after meeting

The people of Babli Nyongha have been asked to exercise maximum restrained towards the people of Ngwenbo following the brutal killing of one of theirs by the Ngwenbos on September 13, 2014.
Mr. Mekoge Ivo Charles, Inspector General at the North West Governor’s office made the appeal through the Fon of Bali, Senator Doh Ganyonga III during a courtesy call to the Bali Fon’s palace to conciliate rage on Tuesday September 30th.


He reminded the Bali people that “you are a powerful people, but being patient is also a sign of strength” He beseeched the Bali Nyongas to hold their fury while the law takes it course and promised that the perpetrators behind such heinous act will be brought to book.


In very unequivocal terms, the Fon of Bali told the people of Ngwenbo through the administration of the region that “they should not feel they can do whatever they want and get with it”. He said the Bali people have been pushed to the wall on several occasions but they have always allowed reason to prevail over confrontation. He called for the 1977 decree on the land dispute between Bali (Mezam division) and Ngwenbo (Momo Division) to be fully implemented or rescinded because it remains the fuel that is always sparing the crisis.


The recent raise in tension was ignited by the killing of Njunuwo Divine Tita (27 years) on September 13. Witnesses said Divine an assistant driver in a Toyota Hilux pickup transport vehicle when with his chief driver to transport firewood belonging to one farmer who had accompanied them to where the wood was in his farm in the disputed land. On their way back they were attacked by a group youths from Ngwenbo armed with machetes and clubs. The farmer and his friend escaped while the drivers were held back. They were taken to Ngwenbo village were one of the youths identified Divine as one of those he had an encountered with at the disputed land. Divine was lynched by the crowd and the corpse dumped in the common boundary between both villages.

the mortal remains of Njinuwo

the mortal remains of Njinuwo

Njinuwo Divine was laid to rest on Friday October 3rd at the Wosing neigbourhood in Bali in the presence of the SDO for Mezam, Nguelle Nguelle Felix and forces of law and order.


The SDO still used the opportunity to soothe tempers assuring the bereaved family that arrests have already been made and the culprits will have their day in court soon.


Both communities have recorded several skirmishes over the disputed land since a gubernatorial decree was signed in 1977 ceding the disputed land to Ngwenbo and calling for the Balis on the land to chose either to remain there with their property and pay allegiance to Ngwenbo or if they wish to leave, a committee will be formed to evaluate their property and they will be compensated but none of these has not been done since then.

By Ako Emmanuel in Bali

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone